Boarding Inquiry form coming soon. Book your dogs stay: email@example.com
DOGWORKS is a premier training and boarding facility located in Victor, NY on 20 rolling, lush acres. We have been in business for 20+ years. We are dedicated to the advancement of canine and human bonds. We are a small team doing incredible work. Our philosophy is simple - guests and their owners come first and all that we do is centered around our love of dogs!
Animal Care Attendant Full-Time: You will perform all necessary work involved in maintaining the dog and housing areas in a sanitary and pleasant condition and be responsible for the welfare and disposition of the dogs, including cleaning, feeding, administering medications, exercising and socialization: to provide general maintenance of facility and equipment used and to work with staff to provide a healthy atmosphere for all animals.
Duties and responsibilities:
1. Maintain the dog housing areas in a sanitary and pleasant condition.
2. Interact with animals to help them learn basic obedience and or behaviors skills. Be responsible for getting dogs out in the morning to attend to bathroom needs, clean kennels, feed and water and attend to all needs that will ensure the animals are in good health and well kept while at the kennel.
3. Launder animal bedding and other items as necessary.
4. Groom and exercise animals as necessary.
5. Participate in animal behavior modification plans working with the animals in the necessary function to improve behaviors. This includes conducting dog introductions and playgroups.
6. Maintain other kennel areas including sweeping and mopping the lobby and inner office as needed and attending to yard maintenance as needed in winter and summer.
7. When needed, assist with animal meet and greets.
1. Be able to learn assigned tasks readily, be detail-oriented, and be able follow instructions.
2. Be able to deal tactfully and effectively with the public. Be able to learn and follow and show courtesy toward all clients and co-workers.
3. Learn how to work with animals in a patient and kind manner.
4. Be able to lift animals up to 50 pounds, work both inside and outside in all weather conditions in a very physically demanding job, and be able to stand for long periods of time.
5. Be very reliable, with a solid form of transportation.
6. Have a genuine affection for animals and a desire to provide them with sanitary and pleasant living conditions.
You will take on varied duties that may include feeding, bathing, medicating, and maintaining a clean kennel environment to meet strict biosecurity protocols and providing enrichment and socialization to ensure the optimal psychological health of the dogs in our care. This role also provides specialized care for newborn puppies, whelping mothers, and other special vet cases, and handles data entry and duties related to arrival or release of dogs.
What sets us apart?
The qualifications you’ll need:
Pets in our facility must be cared for promptly, every day. The facility is staffed 365 days a year and is exceptionally busy when schools are on holiday recess. Experience is necessary, however, a genuine love for animals is a must. You must be able to handle dogs of all sizes without being fearful and always maintaining the upper hand. You must be in good physical condition, able to squat, stoop, bend, lift, and do a lot of walking. Must be willing to maintain the highest standards of cleanliness. There will be opportunities for advancement if you excel.
WHAT TO EXPECT Work Environment/Conditions
While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, and a noisy environment.Position requires prolonged sitting, standing, walking, reaching, twisting, turning, kneeling and bending to perform daily activities. The incumbent is frequently around animals that are agitated or injured and that may attempt to bite or scratch. The need to lift and carry animals weighing in excess of 50 pounds is required.
Experience and Education:Have sufficient experience and education to successfully perform duties of Animal Care Attendant. A typical way to gain this knowledge is to have 6 months + experience working with animals in a structured environment. Experience working with animals in a structured setting is helpful but not required.
If you're interested in one of our open positions, start by applying here and attaching your resume.